Your Gift Makes An Impact
The Arc Westchester started with a mother’s dream for her child…and it continues because of you. As we celebrate our 70th anniversary in 2019, we are reminded of that one small newspaper ad placed by Ann Greenberg in 1948. How a mother seeking to create a preschool program for her son with Down syndrome spurred a paradigm shift.
Thanks to fierce advocates like Ann, individuals with developmental disabilities now enjoy positive and enriching lives as members of their communities. At The Arc Westchester, we believe inclusion makes our communities stronger.
With your support, The Arc Westchester can continue to be a leader in providing innovative services and supports for children, teens and adults with developmental disabilities.
The Arc Westchester Foundation is an independent corporation, created to raise funds on behalf of The Arc Westchester. Since many of our most innovative services receive little or no public funding, and government budgets are subject to change, the Foundation attends to the long-term fiscal health of The Arc Westchester. Contributions to the Foundation are tax-deductible, as provided by Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code.
Your Donation Dollars at Work
- $25 buys arts and crafts supplies for a senior in a local art program.
- $50 covers bus fare for a high school graduate until he or she receives their first paycheck.
- $100 provides training for a person moving from
sheltered employment to a job in the community.
- $250 rents a school bus for a preschool class trip.
- $1,000 enables us to give an infant early intervention
- $5,000 provides life planning and career services for a teen graduating from high school.
The Arc Westchester and The Arc Westchester Foundation are 501(c)(3) organizations. Donations are tax deductible.