Search form



Art By: Janet Schuldt

School District

Transitions Planning

How can my child be eligible for Preschool Services?

To be evaluated for eligibility and participate in one of our pre-school classes, it is necessary to contact the Committee on Pre-School Special Education (CPSE) in your local school district. 


What are the next steps?

You will contact the Committee on Pre-School Special Education (CPSE) in your school district.

You will make arrangements to complete all necessary evaluations and a meeting with the CPSE.

The Children's School will contact you to set up an observation and tour.

The Children's School contacts parents and CPSE to recommend appropriate sites.

CPSE approves placement and an Individual Education Plan (IEP) is generated.


What are supports for my school-aged child?

You may contact the NYS Education Department at

You should be involved with your school districts SEPTA Programs.

Need More Help?

Arc of Westchester's Navigation Team is here for you. For more information on how Arc of Westchester can work with you on these many Transitions Issues, contact Carol Gearing of the Arc of Westchester at (914) 495-4620 or by email at [email protected].